Reports to: Director CWS IRP Lancaster Office
Team: Immigration and Refugee Program / Lancaster Office
Location: Lancaster, PA
Starting salary: $14.10 - $15.25 per hour
Status: Non-Exempt, Non-Bargaining Unit
Provide accounting and financial support for Lancaster, PA CWS Immigration and Refugee Program (IRP) office.
Please visit the link below to apply directly online to this position.
Please note that CWS does not accept resumes for positions that are not posted. All applicants are required to submit their resume using the on-line applicant tracking system.
- Review, process and record all local disbursements and enter necessary information into Quickbooks.
- Collect monthly expense reports for Director’s approval and submit to CWS NY for processing.
- Prepare monthly credit card statement reconciliations.
- Review, process and submit vendor invoices to CWS NY for processing.
- Prepare monthly USG grant reimbursement requests and submit to CWS NY Headquarters for processing.
- Receive, document and process all incoming funds and donations and submit to CWS Service Center for processing.
- Manage inventory records and account for all bulk items purchased (transportation, household items, etc.) to ensure that all items are recorded in client account records.
- Manage volunteer who copies check requests and checks for client files.
- Track invoices for inventoried furniture and apply to clients accounts.
- Reconcile bank account and send to CWS Service Center for processing.
- Insure adequate bank account balance; request funds as necessary.
- Quarterly prepare invoice for reimbursement of funds from program partners.
- Quarterly request reimbursement donations spent from local bank account.
- Monthly prepare spreadsheet for tracking budget vs. actual.
- Annually prepare expense report for local foundation grants.
Accounting degree or advanced education/experience in an accounting or finance related field.
Minimum of three (3) years work experience in accounting or finance.
- Communications: Able to communicate thoroughly and with self-confidence a broad range of information relating to program or department. Communicate detailed and/or technical information clearly, in writing and orally.
- Constituent Relationships: Coordinate specific program activities with counterparts and include them in planning.
- Job Knowledge: Understand general business practices that support individual and program performance.
- Leadership: Accept accountability for assigned activities and adapt work style to perform independently or within a team.
- Problem Solving: Determine the scope of problems, gather all necessary information, analyze impact on other areas.
- Resource Building and Stewardship: Understand stewardship role in working within budget and monitoring finances. Prepare reports on program status relative to budget and finances.
- Teamwork: Network with other teams to discuss activities.
Strong computer skills including proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and Access), QuickBooks, and internet applications.
Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
Ability to give close attention to detail.
Back to Employment Listings