Church World Service is an EEO/AA employer. In keeping with our commitment to have a culturally diverse community, CWS encourages women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of minority groups to apply for the open positions below. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
E-Verify: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. To comply with this law, CWS must collect information regarding an employee’s identity and employment eligibility and document that information on a document referred to as Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, no later than three business days from when the employee begins work for pay. If you are hired, you will be required to provide certain information on the form necessary to establish your identity and eligibility to work in the United States and certain required supporting documents.
As a federal contractor, CWS also uses E-Verify to confirm newly-hired employees’ legal eligibility to work in the US. E-Verify is an internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s Form I-9, to data from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.
Employers may not use E-Verify to pre-screen job applicants or to re-verify current employees and may not limit or influence the choice of document presented for use on the Form I-9.
IMPORTANT: If the government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, CWS is required to provide you written instructions and an opportunity to contact SSA and/or DHS before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment.
- This Employer Participates in E-Verify - Department of Homeland Security
- If You Have the Right to Work, Don’t let anyone take it away - U.S. Department of Justice
- Caseworker – Nairobi, Kenya
- ESL Instructor - Durham – Durham, NC
- Assistant Field Director – Winn-Kota Region – Madison, WI or Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN Metro Area
- Accounting Assistant Richmond, VA (part-time 15 hours per week) – Richmond, VA
- Program Officer – Nairobi, Kenya
- Refugee Special Cases Coordinator (20 hours a week) – Greensboro, NC
- Child Protection Specialist – Nairobi, Kenya
- Deputy Director of Administration – Nairobi, Kenya
- Assistant Field Director – New England Region – Ludlow, MA
- Employment Specialist - Somali Speaking – Lancaster, PA
- Vocational Technology Caseworker (.75 FTE) – Lancaster, PA
- Administrative Assistant – Elkhart, IN
- Cultural Orientation Intern – Nairobi, Kenya
- Representative for Cambodia – Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Director of Donor Relations – Elkhart, IN
- Internship Opportunities - Immigration and Refugee Program – Washington, D.C.
- Human Resource Manager for Global Staff and Security – Washington, DC
Employment Listings with Descriptions
Internship Opportunities - Immigration and Refugee Program
Human Resource Manager for Global Staff and Security
CWS Employment Listings RSS Feed – copy the link to your reader to subscribe to this feed