Reports to: Integration Assistance Program Coordinator
Team: Immigration & Refugee Program - Palm Beach County Office
Location: Broward County / Palm Beach, FL
Starting salary: $34,500 - $36,500
Status: Exempt, Non-Bargaining Unit
Integration Assistance Lead Program Specialist
Reports to: Integration Assistance Program Coordinator
Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit organization working to eradicate hunger and poverty and to promote peace and justice around the world. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
Please visit the link below to apply directly online to this position.
Please note that CWS does not accept resumes for positions that are not posted. All applicants are required to submit their resume using the on-line applicant tracking system.
CWS uses Applicant Stack for all communications, please be sure to check your e-mail frequently and please check your junk/spam folder.Due to the volume of applications that we receive, only those individuals shortlisted will be contacted.
Responsible for conducting and organizing the Integration Assistance Program outreach activities, community presentations and workshops in collaboration with the Integration Assistance Program Coordinator. The incumbent will be responsible for providing clients with case management, referrals to the various social service agencies including educational, employment medical, and legal providers, perform home visits, and appropriate follow-up of referrals. This position will be located in Broward County; however, the incumbent will be required to work in the Palm Beach location as needed.
- Coordinate and conduct community outreach, workshops and community presentations in coordination with the Integration Assistance Program Coordinator.
- Provide case management services to clients and their families.
- Serve as backup for the Integration Assistance Program Coordinator.
- Maintain case files for each case in accordance with Grant Program regulations and as required by CWS/IRP.
- Prepare Individual Care Plan (ICP) for each person enrolled in the program.
- Arrange and refer client to approved services, in accordance with the individual care plan, which include but are not limited to educational, medical, employment and legal providers.
- Follow-up with referrals and recommendations to ensure that client goals are achieved.
- Coordinate and conduct timely home visits to clients enrolled in the program.
- Work closely with community partners in order to facilitate referrals and secure appropriate services based on ICP.
- Assist in developing a network of medical, psychological, faith-based organizations, social and legal professionals to provide low-cost or pro bono services for clients.
- Responsible for staying abreast of new resources available and to changes made to existing programs and services in the area.
- Responsible for entering accurate client information, case notes in a timely manner, and all other required forms and documents.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Bachelors Degree and/or equivalent professional experience.
Minimum two years of experience in coordinating and conducting outreach activities, case management and radio broadcasting. Minimum two years experience working with refugee and immigrant populations.
Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheet, database and Web-based applications. Fluency in Haitian Creole and/or Spanish and English required.
Ensure effective exchanges of information with others. Examples of skills and behaviors include speaking to others respectfully; expressing ideas in a logical, organized way; sharing information appropriately; and clarity and conciseness in written communication.
Ensure constructive and supportive interactions with others. Examples of skills and behaviors include being positive and supportive when working with others; sharing information and resources freely; resolving conflict constructively; and proactively working to remove obstacles to success for others.
Utilize and apply job related knowledge to complete job tasks at a level that meets or exceeds expectations. Examples of skills and behaviors include utilizing job knowledge to solve problems or develop new approaches; maintaining or enhancing skills through continuing education; and taking on projects that will develop or enhance skills.
Work effectively and contribute as a member of a team. Examples of skills and behaviors include supporting other team members by sharing information; covering the work of others during absences, vacations, etc.; and actively participating in developing ideas for ways to increase team effectiveness.
Analyze information and develop solutions to challenges that arise during the course of performing a job. Examples of skills and behaviors include researching and collecting facts; defining the issues and the parties affected; formulating options/solutions for addressing the problem; and engendering support for and implementing the solution.
Program Planning and Management
Organize work and/or plan projects and ensure timely completion and/or successful implementation. Examples of skills and behaviors include identifying and analyzing program options; identifying the tasks and deliverables required for successful completion; managing one’s time; monitoring the resources involved and ensuring that they are directed most effectively; and working with all involved to ensure successful completion.
Guide and direct oneself or other individuals and groups toward a desired outcome. Examples of skills and behaviors include taking the appropriate level of initiative to resolve problems or remove obstacles, bringing individuals together around a common goal; evaluating information and making decisions; navigating conflict and obstacles; and ensuring that communication takes place between all parties involved.
Resource Building and Stewardship
Balance the acquisition or investment of organization resources with responsible use of those resources in line with the organization’s mission. Examples of skills and behaviors include taking advantage of all opportunities to cultivate potential donors; evaluating situations to identify the best use of resources; and making responsible investments of resources that increase organization effectiveness.