Reports to: Manager of Business Services
Team: Service Center / Business Operations
Location: Elkhart, IN
Starting salary: $22,000 annually based on working 37.5 hours per week plus benefits
Status: Non-Exempt, Non-Bargaining Unit
Please visit the link below to apply directly online to this position.
Please note that CWS does not accept resumes for positions that are not posted. All applicants are required to submit their resume using the on-line applicant tracking system.
CWS uses Applicant Stack for all communications, please be sure to check your e-mail frequently and please check your junk/spam folder. Due to the volume of applications that we receive, only those individuals shortlisted will be contacted.
The Receptionist serves as a primary contact to visitors to the Service Center office by phone and in person. This person provides a variety of clerical support services for the Manager of Business Operations.
- Operates electronic switchboard, relays incoming callers to appropriate person. Takes messages or refers caller to voice mail system, as requested.
- Greets and assists visitors and business callers.
- Secures the office at close of business and activates the night messaging system to accept incoming calls at the close of each business day. In the morning is responsible for forwarding messages received throughout the evening to the appropriate staff persons.
- Responsible for creating the electronic In/Out board for Elkhart staff on a daily basis.
- Shares responsibility for ensuring that guidelines set for entering the building – staff, visitors, vendors, etc. is maintained.
- Provides support for the scanning and linking of income documentation to Donor Records for Income Processing.
- Provide support for checking of receipts for CWS credit card and expense statements.
- Responsible for the scanning of order documentation.
- Main responsibility for preparing first-class acknowledgement/receipt mailings by collating enclosures and stuffing letters into envelopes.
- Main responsibility for collating and stuffing Blankets, Tools, Alternative Giving and Kit Certificates on a monthly basis.
- Main responsibility for collating and stuffing Welcome letters for new donors every two weeks.
- Provides support for the Stamp Program – accumulating and shipping of acquired stamps.
- Works on special projects and special mailings assigned to Business Operations.
- Completes various typing and clerical assignments as delegated by supervisor and Business Operations Manager.
- Maintains and files purchase documentation – Business Services envelopes, invoice copies, etc.
- Break room organization.
- Maintains a schedule for the usage of the Service Center conference room.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalency.
Experience in an office environment handling reception and telephone operations.
- Strong public relation skills in dealing with the general public by telephone or in person.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality about information passed through the mail, fax, phone, etc.
- Detail oriented.
- PC literate.
- General Office Equipment.
Back to Employment Listings