January 22, 2013

Did You Receive an IRA Distribution Last Month?

If you took a distribution from your IRA in December 2012, you may be eligible to make a special gift to Church World Service, now, and reduce your 2012 taxes.

Earlier this month, Congress passed legislation to extend the IRA charitable rollover. The law also allows individuals who are 70½ to make special gifts to charity! Individuals who took a taxable distribution from their IRA in December 2012 can avoid federal income taxes on all or a portion of the distribution by making a gift to charity in January 2013.

Contact us to learn more about how you can convert your taxable IRA distribution and potentially reduce your taxes. Call Ron Blaum at CWS, 800-297-1516, ext. 444.

Act now!