Immigration legal services provided through our affiliates include:
- adjustment of status of asylees and refugees;
- travel documents for asylees and refugees;
- applications for employment authorization documents;
- petitions for family members to join asylees and refugees in the United States;
- petitions for family members of U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents;
- petitions for fiancés of U.S. citizens;
- applications for asylum;
- self-petitions for battered immigrant spouses and children based on the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA);
- diversity visa lottery applications;
- information and applications for deferred action for DREAMers;
- replacement of lost green cards, and;
- applications for temporary protected status (TPS).
These services are explained in Immigration Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
Several CWS-IRP affiliates offer other services for asylees. Through Matching Grant, affiliates can help asylees with employment services and up to four months of maintenance assistance and cash allowance. Asylees accepted for enrollment may also receive assistance with language training, certain health and medical services, counseling, and daycare. To qualify for these services through matching grants, asylees must enroll in the matching grant program within 31 days of being granted asylum.
Asylee services through CWS-IRP local offices and affiliates vary from state to state. Please contact the local office or affiliate nearest you for more information.
You can also try this list of links for addition information on immigration requirements and services.